16 April 2016

Brisbane

A few weeks ago I did an overnight trip to Brisbane for work.

So I can tell you Noosa Chocolate Factory makes really fine stuff and there are two stores right on Adelaide Street in the Brisbane CBD. Their panning is pretty extraordinary, particularly the rolled pecans. This is not to say I don't still love Haighs but these are entirely different styles of chocolate. The stuff from Noosa is less staid, lighter, more contemporary. Their dark chocolate is even vegan, but you do not notice, in fact, it is much less cloying.

Also, Taro's Ramen & Cafe on Edward Street makes brilliant ramen. Here is a bowl with "extras", or you could say the super-sized version. The tonkotsu was so creamy.


I had lunch and dinner there on the same day it was so good. No regrets.

I recommend reading Super noodles: the rise and rise of ramen if you want to learn more about ramen. Also, watching Tampopo can do no harm either.



Now I am dubious I will find a better ramen in Australia. If the shop is not at least dedicated solely to this one subject it seems unlikely a superior product will eventuate.

Japan is suffering now with earthquakes.

No comments: