06 February 2016

Recent poems

I have been quite prolific lately, usually really late at night after I have shut the book of the day; although a few of these poems I wrote in Japan last year and some while walking or driving. There are pictures of some, often I rewrite them nicely the next day, but not always. The good thing about postcards, despite their size, is their size, and hence they are easy to organise.

These are in no particular order, but I counted 59. In the Quran it says something like, 'If every tree was a pen, the sea was ink and we had seven more seas the same size, it would not be enough to record the words of the Beloved, for His Wisdom is without end.'

*


*

To sing a new song
Every day
Is the heart-land
Of My Lord.

*

Inconsolable
is my mind.
Absolutely adorable
is my heart.

*

If forever I wander
In the forest of love
Never alone
With my peace-dove.

*

The tears
I cry for My Lord
Are their own reward.

*

My mind
is no stranger
to confusion.
My heart
always discards
illusion.

*


*

No other taste is like
The elixir of midnight:
The silence-brew
of love's company
Is all nectar.

*

With the evening birds
I long to fly
And so my flute
Reaches for the sky.

*

If at times I find myself alone
It is that I have forgotten to love
To lack company is no other thing.

*

The garden-heart
Is the art
Of living.

*

This world of contrasts
Is the playground
Of My Lord.

*

Just
Be quiet
And listen.

*

A little while,
We enjoy this world,
A little while,
We learn to smile.

*

I often see My God in nature,
But I only find Him within.

*

Life
is a battle
without end.

*

Peace does not flee
It only hides
Until we want play again.

*


*

Your sweet smile
is Your Love
and
the Light of
the universe.

*

O my Guru,
Nothing is so sweet
as the love we share.
Every day I bring you poison
and drink Your Nectar.

*

My poetry heart
You I crave
You I adore
My life's only shore.

*

The lesson of the ages
So long growing
So soon forgot.

*

Wherever is
my sweetness-heart
I am home.

*

Beloved,
Your prayer-heart
is my sanctuary.

*

Beloved,
Your meditation-life
is my eternal garden.

*

Without
my heart of prayer,
I am nowhere.

*


*

Many are
the songs of Your Glory.
Endless is
the life of Your Story.

*

Your silence-life
is my saviour.

*

My meditation-heart
Is the best companion
On my life's journey.

*

When I do not meditate regularly,
Your silence-heart of Bliss
is the first thing I miss.

*

Your meditation-heart
is all silence.
My mind
is all violence.

*

The mind jungle
Is all thorns.

*

In Your silence-eyes
I am prepared to discard
this disguise.

*

When the time comes,
I will forget all
my unworthiness
At Your perfection
and protection-feet.

*


*

When I visit
the fountain of wisdom,
I become an
ocean of vision.

*

Silence is a most remarkable friend -
It tells us everything.

*

For a second
I cry.
For a lifetime
I sigh.

*

My Lord,
You are quite sure,
Never more than ever-sure,
That I should waste no time
Feeling sorry for myself.

*

Do not forget,
do not forget.
How bitter the
taste of regret.

*

Too soon am I full
when I visit
the wisdom well.

*

My Lord
Is not only
immediately useful,
but always fruitful.

*

Peace is
no ordinary thing.
Peace is
no extraordinary thing.
Peace is
the only thing.

*

Instead of
always planning,
Spend more
time being.

*

Today is the only day.
Do not delay.
Do not delay.

*

God speaks many languages,
but "complaint" is a word
entirely unfamiliar to Him.

*

Many are the roads that lead nowhere
I have taken You
If always I am to suffer
Let me remember You.

*

My Lord,
How I take Your absence
as the presence of death.

Son,
How I take your presence
as the constancy of my life.

*

In the forest of My Lord
Lives my life's reward.

*

Does life need solace?
Truth demands silence.

*

One moment of forgetting
Is a lifetime of regretting.

*

Beloved,
Your Peace
is my only release.

*

Beloved,
Although this prayer is tiny,
let it be for always.

*

Beloved,
I am calling,
calling, calling.

Son, I am listening -
Always.

*

Without Peace,
A life of sorrows
You will meet.

*

The life of Grace
knows no obstacles.

*

To light the
Lamp of Eternity
in the heart
of humankind
is God's job.

To watch the
Lamp of Eternity
most faithfully
is man's job.

*

Beloved,
In You the opposites dance,
but no tension exists.
The swing of harmony
is Your Form.

*

God never loses a bet:
As man's stupidity
never admits defeat,
Neither do His
Compassion-feet.

*

ONE MOMENT

Just one moment
It only takes
one moment
in You
To become the song
of limitless satisfaction.

*

I am always surprised,
always surprised,
that my lack of capacity
is another name
for my mind's rapacity.

*

Two things are without end:
The heart of Your Compassion
And the life of my mind's noise.

*

The one
and the
only way
to happiness
is love.





No comments: