10 February 2016

Poems

I will start going to bed early again, a habit I lost at the Christmas break, but one I have never been very good at keeping. However, currently one of my absolutely favourite things is to write poetry at midnight. On reflection, it seems I have a complicated relationship with sleeping. 

I'm not sure what the deal with pudding is. I can't say I eat it much. Pudding makes me think of the vastly under-appreciated film, Dude, Where's My Car?

*

God is sweet,
but not like pudding,
too much pudding is not good. 

God's Sweetness
quenches the
quenchless thirst. 

*

Be a
Detachment Prince,
Not a
Drama Queen. 

*

The fate of hate
Is to be a burden. 

*

The lesson
of life
is love. 

*

Facts are narrow. 
Truth is wide. 

*

The emptiness life
is bereft of strife:
Silent mind. 

*

The heart 
is an echo chamber. 
Be careful
what you sing. 

*

In the midst of
All turbulence
I find You silent
And without alarm. 

*

The road to God's Palace is long. 
The road to hell never ends. 

*

It seems you never tire
Of your poet's worship
Just as the lover never tires
Of the beloved's face. 

*

Transformation. 
Not a cry of exultation,
but a promise of satisfaction. 

*

In Your Trance
All existence
Dances. 

*

Behold,
Thy Golden Form
Is the dawn
of my life. 

*

One moment
With You
Is never enough. 

*

Endless are the follies of man,
But ceaseless is God's guiding hand. 

*

O newness-world,
Where is
Your entire being?

*

In the temple
Of the heart 
All riches
Are to be found. 

*

O how I suffer
When the bird
of my heart
Forgets its
exuberance song. 

*

Peace
never cared
to learn understanding. 

*

What matters
is not the past. 
What matters
is not the future. 
What matters
is the present. 

*

Love is
the way of perfection
Love is
the way of protection. 
Love is
the way of redemption. 

Love is
the way of ways. 

*

Your Gold
always remains,
This is the thing,
The thing to sing. 

*

We may forget
Who we are,
As long as
we remember
What we are. 

*

Silence
is my
best companion,
Always. 

*

Silence is
my favourite meal. 

*

God's Smile
is all nourishing. 
And unconditional. 

*

The phantoms
of the mind
Love their
own wailing. 

*

What we call defeat
Is another name
For the lesson we need. 

*

What we call success
Is only one step
On the Road to Eternity. 

*

God never gets tired of smiling. 
Man never gets tired of thinking. 

*

If you want to avoid failure,
Do not sit on the ego throne. 

*

Just enter
into your highest. 
I guarantee
your journey is not over. 

*

All our notions
Will finally collapse. 

*

A brave heart
Does not have to
Race with time. 

*

Love is
always ready
to start again. 

*

Love is
always ready 
to steady the boat
of our life. 

*

Compassion is
always ready
to try again. 

*

Compassion is
always ready 
to walk
another mile. 

*

After a while,
We see there are
better things to do
than worry about
our own stupidity. 

It will still be there tomorrow
If we really want to listen to it. 

*

Imagination
Fills the sails
Of our dreams
And carries us
To a new reality. 

*

Hope is
the wind
which sustains. 

*

Thoughts
quite often
disappoint us. 

*

Dreams
need not
define us. 

Dreams
need not 
confine us. 

Dreams
sometimes
refine us. 

*

Quite often,
We discover
we are wrong. 

Wisely,
We learn 
we need not
always be right. 






No comments: