30 January 2014

Cards

Here is a whole bunch of cards I have made for friends and colleagues. You can tell who they were for. Obviously each has a different feeling and the process and techniques involved are different. Hopefully there is some evolution in my design skills taking place.



This is a card in the sense it is a piece of matboard with a tree - because Sharon means forest.



The Zen approach. Wrote this with a pen, scanned and enlarged before sticking to matboard. It was my first time using my 6mm Pilot Calligraphy Pen which is big. It is fun learning to write with a new pen by practicing the alphabet. It makes you reflect on how you will write every letter. I found myself wondering if there is a special signwriting brush for calligraphy.


This is a decorated envelope for my old friend and pen pal Nick who I really must write to again.

No comments: