30 June 2008

May The Force Be With You

I was just ordered to put this on my blog.



In the words of the musician:

"Me playing Star Wars on the bagpipes while wearing a Darth Vader mask from Wal-Mart (Vader was framed, btw) and wearing a green Guinness T-shirt.

Does it get any more awesome than me? No, probably not."

It may or may not surprise you that I have harboured a secret ambition to learn to play the bagpipes for many years. My perfunctory research revealed that they are a surprisingly expensive instrument. It's just that whenever I see a marching band, I feel a pressing need to grab a sword and roar into battle. Therapy would be required to determine if this desire predates my viewing of Braveheart.

Speaking of going into battle, I greatly enjoyed the article Coming out fighting about Australia's Defence Minister, Joel Fitzgibbon.

No comments: