29 October 2007

Immutable

What you are
To my soul
Is all.

Nothing has changed.

I walk the stark earth –
The thin cloak of heaven:
It is decorated sparse
With low grass;
Gone all trees, leaves,
Flowers, fruits.

Where is beauty, creation,
Expression?

Within, within, within.

I am the passenger
Of golden light.

Nothing has changed.

What you are
To my soul
Is all.


*

I wrote this the day after Sri Chinmoy passed away. It was the middle of the night here when we heard. I tried to meditate for a while and then went back to sleep. This poem is based on the dream I had, which was more of a vision.

I chose the title from Sri Chinmoy's poem The Absolute.

Guru showed me the nature of the relationship between the inner and the outer world. The earth is a doorway to heaven. The sun in the sky is the light of heaven, shining through the keyhole...

No comments: