01 May 2007

The Curious Phenomenon

"Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."

The Queen, Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll

I wrote my last post last night after hearing from an old friend, but the impossible thing was waking up in the middle of the night and actually becoming that poem. That is the point of poetry: to enter into a subtler world, but now I can't even remember what it was like floating out there. Disturbed again a few hours later, it would have been impossible for me to feel any colder, even though I think it was only 3 degrees celsius. If you had lit a fire under my bed, I would have said, "Brrrrr."

Yesterday, Rathin asked me, "If you are dressed like this {trench-coat and scarf} in Autumn, what are you going to wear in Winter?"

"Furs," I replied.

Okay, that is only two impossible things, but I haven't had breakfast yet.

If you would like to read a little more about poetry, then check out the short talk Poetry The Winner by Sri Chinmoy. It's wonderful.

I am totally digging this poem by Sri Chinmoy at the moment:

You can be proud
Of yourself
Only if you change
Your present way of thinking.
You can be grateful
To yourself
Only if you change
Your present way of loving.

It's very sunny now, so I am off to work, thanks for visiting. It might be a perfect day, especially as Sufjan Stevens has just released a new track called, "Aunt Margaret got a hole in her sock but Father Patrick came and lent her his holy knitting needles." That is I am afraid, impossible too; but that makes three, so I am half way there.

No comments: