13 April 2007

Staying warm

Another post on clothing.

I still recall my friend's Scottish mother saying once, "Ooh, Alf's a bit of a dandy is he?"

You might say that. Probably. In fact. True.

Except this is real basic stuff I am raving about now.

It is called Icebreaker.

It has been a little on the chilly side here, no more than 10C and often 0 at night. Sure, a beautiful Siberian summer to some, but I originate from greener pastures.

This clothing I am talking about is pure merino wool. It was a little pricey but it is super warm and comfortable. It is just thermal underwear, what you might call a spencer and long johns. And I bought a lovely scarf too.

The box had testimonials on it like, "I rode up Mt Everest on a canoe and after wearing the same Icebreaker gear for 40 days and nights straight it never once smelt, itched or spontaneously combusted."

It's true.

I'm never washing mine.

Never.



What to wear when arriving at US Immigration.