17 April 2007

Living music

Went to Luna Lounge the other night to see Kristin Hoffmann in Brooklyn. Her music was much better live than on CD. It inspired me to be to get a bit creative again, so I took out the camera and have some shots of an awesome sculpture in progress to publish shortly.

Although I thought I had worked it all out (life, the universe, everything) I stumbled upon an explanation of the saying, "You can't have your cake and eat it too." I realised I always took it to mean, "You can't get your cake and eat it too." I am not alone in this idiocy from the ensuing conversations I have had. The point is you can't have your cake and eat it too, because if you eat it, you don't have it anymore. Right, that is cleared up, not at all.

There are some new Sufjan Stevens tunes here. It is all sounding pretty mellow and classical which is fine with me.

I'll work on getting some photos for your soon.