28 March 2007

It goes really fast

Check out the Koenigsegg.

The thing about the machine in profile is that it looks like a stormtrooper's helmet. Only squashed.



See what I mean.

According to wikipedia this baby will do 165 kmh in reverse gear. I think I have gone that fast going forwards. More conventionally, you will hit 156kmh in first gear and second will see you at 204kmh. After that you won't be watching the speedo I imagine.

It costs over $800,000 Australian dollars to buy this car, which means I won't be driving one soon, but the boys at Top Gear had fun with it. Getting from 0-100 in 3.1 seconds will do that for you.

If you have the time watch this film about The Atom. It is considerably cheaper, and looks highly entertaining to drive. It even does 0-100 in 2.9 seconds!

I like it.

Top Gear is a great show. Where else can you watch an MX-5 race a greyhound or a Land Rover challenge a tank? Check it on SBS.

No comments: