05 November 2006

Marriage

I just spent the weekend back in Adelaide as the best man for my brother's wedding. I have always found marriage to be a profoundly life changing experience. As can be seen from the before and after shots below.

Thank God for Google and it's assistance with writing my speech. Here are the best bits:

"I need to thank Steven for asking me to be his best man. It is a signal honour. Steven is my brother and there is nothing I would not do for him. By the same token, there is nothing he would not do for me. In fact, we pretty much spend our whole lives doing nothing for each other.

Steven, there are just three magic little words that you need to know to have an eternally happy marriage. They are, "Yes. You're right." It's just easier that way.

Enjoy your honeymoon. A honeymoon is best described as that briefest of interludes between, "I will," and "You better!""

Everyone was pretty happy with it and having put it together that morning so was I.

The wedding photographer was really cool. I was surprised to see him using a Canon 30D as I only have a 20D myself. He also only shot JPEG which makes sense when you take over 500 photos; there is just not enough time to mess around with RAW pictures in Photoshop. As he said, it is a good backup if you get the exposure wrong but you don't have that luxury with film. Certainly if I have to get something up on the web quickly then I shoot tiny JPEGs and maybe RAW at the same time in case I get anything really good that can be used later.

He got me looking at natural light in a new way and was totally against flash. He did a lot of group shots and posed people too. I took a few shots off his work but mainly did candid stuff, which is what I enjoy most. Below is the flower-girl and page-boy followed of course by the happy couple.





Anyway, it was nice to post again. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: